Thursday, September 09, 2010

Keep digging, Lorlee

I have found a treasure trove of photos that must have been Aunt Annies (of blog fame) www.anniebartos.blogspot.com.

  • the phone bill from May 1947 which showed a long distance call a day before I was born to my Grandmother's house for a total of 31 cents -- obviously to let them know the birth was imminent and that she should come to stay with LuAnn and Duane (the long distance calls are handwritten on the back of the bill);
  • a column written by Judy Blanchard when I was running for the nomination for Congress;
  • a 1939 calendar with handwritten notes by my dad;
  • a 1947 calendar -- both are from Lowry State Bank -- this one with numbers on each day for the number of eggs that were gathered and a notation that my mother washed the car on May 5 (I was born on the 7th); 
  • my dad's diploma from 1924 signed by Julia D. Solverud-Knutson, Pope County Superintendant (didn't know they were hyphenating names back then, obviously an enlightened woman)
  • a pamphlet entitled "Farmers in 1944",
  • The Lake Region Echo from November 10, 1972 with all of the election results [available on request];
  • negatives from my parent's 50th anniversary celebration;
  • a Washington Post from the day after Ford pardoned Nixon wih yours truly pictured as having been one of the first at the White House to protest;
  • and attached, the program for the baccalaureate for the Class of 65.
  • BUT SO FAR -- NO CATHOLIC CONFIRMATION PHOTO. 
  • (I was counting on Bev Roers, but she says she doesn't have it.

No comments: