Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Be safe, Jim says, smoke turkey


Jim Clifford writes:

Turkey cooking is serious business, and requires security to assure success.  The photo at right is my security guard, Chingo (8 mos) making sure no one rips off my turkey.  The photo below is my entire security staff, and the top picture is the much desired turkey itself, smoked on a Big Green Egg grill.

Note that the security staff consists of traditional enemies. Unfortunately, this sort of demonstration of healing cooperation can only occur among the lower species.

----------------------
(Bob says: Thanks for sending the pictures of your turkey guard and for the bit of philosophy, Jim. Turkey looks delicious. Does the cat have a name too? How long does it take to smoke a turkey?)


Jim responds:

The cat in the earlier photo is Riley, who is in charge of mouse and chipmunk apprehension.  Her personality and disposition are actually darker than her fur.  She is soon to star in my next wine label.  I am making a cab sauvignon, which I will call cat sauvignon.  The back label will contain a series of insulting lines which reflect my interpretation of what she would say to me if she could talk.

I smoked the turkey for five hours. It was injected with equal parts of white wine, butter and honey.  I've got to try that on pheasant.

No comments: