Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Re: The Menu

Kaleen writes:There are certainly many items from which to choose. My choices for the reunion buffet are:

Meat: Grilled Pork topped with a beautiful, savory Lingonberry sauce, and Grilled Chicken Breast with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto and Provolone Cheese. Potato choice: Herb Roasted Baby Reds. Vegetable choice: Green Beans Almandine.

It is fun to keep up with Class of '65 activities on the Blog. Thanks to all of you who keep it going, especially Stan who has done such a good job for the past several years. I know there are many more who read it than there are contributors and appreciate the time it takes.

Does anyone know who is "missing" from our class or for whom there is no current address (email or physical address)? As you know, that should probably be one of the first things to find out as the reunion planning gets going.

Now that I am back in Alex after retirement, it is fun to run into classmates in restaurants and stores. I am not good at recognizing people, but some haven't changed. It is hard to believe it has been 5 years since I retired and 4 1/2 since I moved back to Alex. Where does the time go? I remember being amazed at how excited my mother was when she attended her 50th class reunion, and now we are close to our 45th. It just doesn't seem possible that so many years have passed. Enough nostalgia!

Thanks again to you who have kept this blog going.

Your classmate,

Kaleen (Anderson) Hilsenhoff

No comments: